Salary: £16k - £25k (depending on experience and unit size)
Also known as: Accounts Trainee, Finance Assistant, Accounts Payable / Receivable Clerk.
As an Accounts Assistant you will assist the accounts team with all financial accounts, sales, bought ledger, cash-books etc.
Your duties may include
- Processing sales and purchase ledger invoices on a daily basis
- Basic management accounts
- Bank reconciliations
- Raising adjustments against sales ledger when required
- Entering correct financial details for new customers
- Ensure invoice queries are investigated and resolved on a timely basis
- Chase outstanding invoices and agree repayment terms
- Assist the financial controller with quarterly VAT returns
- Take accounts up to trial balance
- General office administration.
- Understanding of the basic accounting functions and strong analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to perform bank reconciliations and managed sales and purchase ledgers
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and cope with pressure
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Strong IT skills with good knowledge of Excel and Sage
- Analytical approach with good eye for detail
- Strong strategic planning
- Strong customer and colleague relation skills.
Useful Links and Resources