Salary: £70k – £150k (depending on experience and company size)
Also known as: Financial Director, Chief Financial Officer.
As Director of Finance you would be responsible for financial planning, financial record-keeping, financial reporting, and the management of financial risks and would normally report to the Chief Executive Officer and board of directors of a company and may also sit on the board of directors yourself.
Your duties may include
- Provide direction and leadership to the department
- Supervisory responsibility for accounting procedures
- Supervisory responsibility for payroll
- Recruitment, motivation, selection, training and promotion of financial staff
- Advise the CEO and board of directors on financial strategy and its impact on company objectives
- Regularly receive financial reports and compare sales and income targets and projections against the reported figures
- Assist the board in sourcing prospects for future income by analysing financial trends and any gaps in the market or potential opportunities
- Participate in financial, human resources and strategic planning
- Involvement in media and stock market liaison and strategy.
- Qualified CIMA / ACCA essential
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and best practice, software for accounting, financial statements and their preparation, payroll reporting and systems
- Managerial experience, including management of large groups and teams
- Need to stay up to date with changes in legislation and implement any new legal requirements
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, teambuilding, and problem-solving skills
- Skilled communicator, with well-developed verbal, written and presentation ability
- An accomplished manager of time and stress as well as possessing the ability to delegate effectively
- Computer proficient, especially in specialised software necessary for the fulfilment of the role.
Useful Links and Resources