Salary – £28k – £65k (depending on experience and unit size)
Also known as: Finance Manager, Commercial Accountant, Management Accountant, Financial Accountant, Director of Finance.
As Financial Controller your duty is to support and advise the General Manager and the management team in all areas of finance, to enable them to maximise profitability and to ensure that financial controls are in place and are being adhered to at all times.
Your duties may include
- Timely and accurate billing and recording of income, particularly with regard to sales ledger billing and customer/guest ledger
- Completing a daily revenue control check to ensure that all revenue has been accounted for
- Accurately forecast the revenues, costs and payroll of a business
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Attending monthly profit and loss/ business reviews
The Financial Controller has the responsibility of running all aspects controls and financial reporting on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, including forecasting and budgeting as well as managing and training a finance team.
You can be overseeing the finance function of single or multi-site businesses on a local, regional or nationwide basis and be closely involved in business reviews and commercial decision-making.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to use standard software applications and IT systems; technology-savvy
- Strong strategic planning
- Ability to evaluate business trends and modify business strategies accordingly
- Strong problem-solving skills; encourage new innovative solutions when appropriate
- Ability to take constructive action without relying on directions from others
- Strong levels of communication and leadership (verbal, listening, writing)
- Ability to network and build relationships to improve the efficiency and growth of the business
- Effective decision-making skills
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills
- Effective change management skills
- Strong customer and colleague relation skills.
Useful Links and Resources