Salary: £16k - £25k (depending on experience and hotel size)
Also known as: Front Desk Clerk, Reservations Clerk, Revenue Management Executive, Reservations Analyst, Pricing Analyst.
The Revenue Analyst is responsible for implementing revenue management system and standards and practices to control rooms’ inventories and rates. This person participates in strategic hotel marketing plans by monitoring future room’s occupancy and revenues.
This role is responsible for analysing complex data, and deriving insights and recommendations that will have a deep impact on decisions the department takes on many initiatives which have very high visibility within the company.
Your duties may include
- Analysis of reports to make short term and long term pricing recommendations
- Control of inventory and availability of external booking sources
- Regular communication with properties regarding markets, strategy and results
- Analysis of market segment performance to determine appropriate strategic actions
- Analysis of demand and working with the Revenue Manager in determining effective yield strategies to optimise revenue
- Providing reporting and available information to the General Managers/Revenue Manager to assist in creating detailed forecasts
- Assisting the Reservations department with booking enquiries & telephone calls from time to time
- Preparing and distributing occupancy and revenue statistics for all properties on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Assisting the Revenue Manager with ad hoc tasks
- Quantitative and analytical skills, problem solving, and communication skills
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- A head for figures and commercial awareness
- Able to remain focused when under pressure
- An ability to work in a flexible and motivated manner to achieve targets
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment and is competent in multi-tasking and responding to business needs.
Useful Links and Resources