Course Information < back
Study with us on our flexible, self-study programmes in Finance or Revenue Management
The HOSPA Education programmes provide the skills and knowledge for those hospitality professionals seeking to excel in their careers in hospitality finance or revenue management.
With both introductory and advanced levels available, the modules have been specifically written for the hospitality sector by specialist educators and industry-leaders and reflect the need for learners to be continuing in full-time work whilst studying. The Finance Management programme is studied in 3 separate stages over 18 months. The Revenue Management programme is offered in 3 separate levels, each taking 6 months to complete.
The programmes utilise both contemporary terminology and professional examples and are assessed through work-based projects, meaning you can apply what you learn directly to the workplace. In addition to the study packs, all learners log into our online classroom with access to subject matter experts, additional resources and EBSCO's online library of academic and business journals.
Introducing the Financial Management programme
- Flexible study options whilst working full time
- Provides skills and knowledge to manage a hospitality finance department
- Leads to Associate Certified (Finance) membership of HOSPA on completion
Introducing the Revenue Management programme
- Provides the practical skills and techniques required to manage the revenue management function in a hospitality business
- Enhances career development in this dynamic field
- Leads to Associate Certified (Revenue Management) membership of HOSPA on completion
PH Hotels training strategy supports the development of colleagues at all levels of the business, we aim to provide our colleagues with the appropriate skills and knowledge to achieve excellence in their role. HOSPA is our preferred training provider as they provide us with professional training and qualifications to support our in house training. Finance and Revenue management are essential disciplines to a successful business and PH Hotels recognise by investing in our teams there are tremendous benefits for both our business and our colleagues by way of professional career development and progression and colleague engagement.
HOSPA Commitment to Professional Development Award 2015 - Gail Hunter, Group HR Director
How to Apply
We are taking enrolments for the March & September programmes!
To enrol for the Financial Management or Revenue Management Education Programme pleaseor alternatively download the application form below and once complete, email to .
Are you a Hospitality Management Graduate?
If you have recently graduated in Hospitality Management, you may be exempt from one or two levels of our programmes in Financial Management or Revenue Management. Contact the professional development team to find out.
View our graduate flyers and graduate presentation for more information on how our Education Programmes can kick-start your career in hospitality finance or revenue management:
The HOSPA Education Programmes provide a framework for developing the skills and knowledge needed for developing a career in these specific fields.
Developed by the hospitality industry for hospitality professionals
Our courses in Financial Management and Revenue Management have been developed by leading educators in the appropriate field of expertise in conjunction with hospitality industry experts.
Earning whilst learning
Ideal as a stand-alone education programme or one that can sit alongside in-house training, our courses are set at of levels ranging from Introductory (Level 4) through to Advanced (Level 5 and 6) and acknowledge the increasing significance of encouraging employees to not only obtain appropriate qualifications, but also to continue in full-time work - earning whilst learning.
Apply learning to the workplace
Our study materials utilise both contemporary terminology and professional examples from the industry, together with a mix of work-based and academic assessments. This means that learners will be able to apply what they learn directly to their workplace.
- The programmes are studied in 3 separate stages/levels, each taking approximately 6 months to complete
- Learners can start in either March or September each year
- Both courses costs £820 + VAT per stage/level
- Learners are supported by a study pack, online classroom resources ( ) and subject tutors. (Click and for a demonstration video of each of these resources)
- The courses are assessed by a combination of assignments and examinations
In addition to developing their skills and knowledge HOSPA learners will receive:
- Complimentary membership with HOSPA - click to view the full list of member benefits
- Access to an exclusive members' area of the HOSPA website
- Networking opportunities through members' meetings and online discussion forums
- Monthly copy of The Overview, our membership journal, keeping you up to date with industry data and the latest technical news on best practice
- Members' pricing to attend HOSPACE, our annual conference and exhibiton
- Associate Membership Status on completion of the course (AHOSPA Cert.)
- Enabling employees of the future
- Through employee training, businesses can benefit from improved employee retention levels, better succession planning, saving on recruitment costs and a more motivated workforce
- You are required to be competent in numeracy and literacy in the English language
- Preferably hold a suitable position in a hospitality organisation
- Some qualifications held by candidates may provide exemptions from one or more levels