Dealing with a crisis - Where Revenue and Marketing Meet
HMA & HOSPA Joint Event
17:30 to 20:30, Monday 20th November 2017 at the Kensington Crowne Plaza Hotel
Revenue Management and Marketing Dynamics of Managing the Unexpected
During this event, we will take a close look at how we adapt marketing and revenue management techniques in response to unexpected local and global events.
From unforeseen natural disasters such as the devastating hurricanes that sweep through the Caribbean and the US, terrorist activity in Europe and the Middle East and US travel bans; to positive, planned activities such as the Olympic Games and other sporting fixtures, all have one thing in common: their impact on the travel and hospitality industries.
Addressing the influence these activities have on a company’s brand and marketing and revenue, a series of guest speakers will dive deep into the subjects that matter - how do you plan? How do you respond? What data is available post event to support new forecasting and demand? Come and join HOSPA and the HMA to find out how to manage the unexpected.
- ForwardKeys analyses more than 17m flight booking transactions a day, drawing data from all the major global air reservation systems and selected airlines and tour operators. This information is enhanced with further independent data sets, including flight search, plus data science to paint a picture of who is travelling where and when. ForwardKeys’ analytics are used by travel marketers, retailers, hotels, destination marketing organisations (DMOs), financial institutions, car rental companies, tour operators, online travel agents (OTAs) and other traveller-focussed businesses worldwide to monitor and anticipate traveller arrivals from a particular origin market at a specific time. This analysis enables parties to anticipate the impact of events, better manage their staffing levels, fine tune supply requirements, adjust and measure the effectiveness of their marketing efforts and anticipate future market trends.
- Emilio Jose Ines Villar is Divisional Director for ForwardKeys, working with Destinations to help them to leverage key insights about the amount and specific characteristics of their past and future visitors. Emilio believes big data is key for destinations in order to thrive in an increasingly competitive and volatile environment. Through his long experience in the Travel industry, Emilio has had the chance to support major players in the Industry, from Air Manufacturers to Major Travel Agencies, currently focusing in delivering services to ministries of Tourism and Management organisations worldwide. He holds a Master Degree in Engineering from the Centro Politecnico Superior (Spain) and a MBA from the University of Hull (UK).
- IHG® is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with more than 350,000 people working across almost 100 countries to deliver Great Hotels Guests Love®. Our diverse portfolio of differentiated brands are well known and loved by millions of consumers around the world. We have the right hotel brand for both our guests and owners, whatever their needs.
- Shauna Campbell Director of Pricing and Operations Europe, has worked with IHG for over 15 years in Revenue Management and 20 years in total in the hospitality industry having initially studied Hospitality Management in South Africa. Shauna has previously roles include being Director of Revenue Management for the Managed portfolio working across The UK and Europe in all of IHG’s brands.
- Tourism Alliance seeks to establish and maintain a favourable operating environment for all business involved in the delivery of tourism, particularly in England. Our main purpose is to lobby government both in England and Brussels on the key strategic issues facing the industry.
- Speaker TBC
The event will end with a short panel discussion with questions from the audience.
FREE for all HOSPA Members to attend and only £10 for Non-Members