Strategic Technology Management In Hospitality
A comprehensive 2day course on trends, know-how and strategies to better manage critical technological investments, on 5 and 6 October at the University of Surrey, Guildford.
To keep up with customer expectations and achieve operational excellence, leaders in hospitality are planning to add and make better use of a wide range of technologies. Some are embarking on transformation programmes following a period of underinvestment in technology with technology budgets sometimes now exceeding 6% of revenue. Spending is seen in guest-facing services such as reservations, website, digital programmes, property management, point of sale, guest room, meeting room technology; as well as back of house systems such as in human resources.
Selecting and implementing technology solutions can be overwhelming. Decision makers are too often confronted with conflicting information, delays to delivery, lack of adoption of standards, unnecessary spending and failure to meet expectations. This can lead to solutions not delivering the anticipated benefits, poor integration with other systems and ultimately impact operations and guest services.
- Make informed considerations on investment decisions and their impact on the guest experience, operational performance and profitability.
- Develop a technology strategy as part of their business plan to successfully select and implement technology solutions.
- Confidently ask the right questions when considering current trends and future needs.
- Gain a broader appreciation to enable a constructive partnership between the business and IT.
- Develop sound theoretical and practical skills to confront technological change and combine transformation with innovation.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Staff in the hospitality industry who are Senior Executives, General Managers, Group Directors, Senior Managers in IT, Operations, Revenue Management, Customer Service and Finance.
It will also appeal to mid-managers seeking to understand technological trends and suppliers who want to better support the sector.
HOW TO BOOK
Early bird price
Valid until 3rd April 2017:
Surrey Alumni price
Prices are including:2 days of sessions, all refreshments, lunch on both days, dinner at the end of the first day, pre-course assessment and all materials.