HOSPA offers members a wealth of opportunities and resources, from our monthly magazine The Overview, to latest statistics, members meetings and networking opportunities. There is also the opportunity to become part of a dedicated community in Finance, Revenue Management or IT.
With HOSPA's dedication to helping you develop your career and providing national and international resources, membership is an investment in your future. If you would like to know more, phone HOSPA on 01202 889430.
We look forward to welcoming you!
Which membership grade is right for you?
HOSPA has 5 types of membership :
- For those who are not directly involved in the Financial, Revenue Management or IT functions but wish to take advantage of the opportunity to extend their contact with the industry's senior finance related managers. Typical members are operational managers, computer specialists or chartered surveyors.
- For those who have recently embarked upon a career in hospitality accounting, Revenue Management or IT or in junior positions within these functions
- For those embarking on the HOSPA Education and Training Programmes
Associate Member (AHOSPA)
There are three categories of Associate member :
The applicant will be someone to have completed successfully such a programme to be of an equivalent professional standing or 2 years experience in the following areas: Assistant Financial Controller of a self accounting unit or on site Financial Controller of a centralised accounting unit, or Assistant to the Group Financial Controller, or Leading Consultant for a firm of Consultants, or Audit Manager of a firm of Accountants responsible for Hospitality Audits.
The applicant will be someone to have completed successfully such a programme to be of an equivalent professional standing or 2 years experience in the following areas: Assistant IT/systems Manager or IT/systems Manager at unit or multi unit level, or Assistant to the Group IT/Systems Manager, or Leading IT Consultant for a firm of Consultants.
The applicant will be someone to have completed successfully such a programme to be of an equivalent professional standing or 2 years experience in the following areas: Assistant Front Office Manager or Revenue Manager at unit or multi unit level, or Assistant to the Group Revenue Manager, or Leading Revenue Management Consultant for a firm of Consultants.
Associate Member Cert. (AHOSPA Cert)
For those who have successfully passed HOSPA's (previously BAHA's) blended learning courses, The Education and Training Programmes in Finance, Revenue Management or IT.
This grade of membership can be achieved in four ways :
- to those who have completed five years as an Associate (ABHA / AHOSPA) providing they have had at least two year's experience as a Financial Controller/Revenue Manager/IT Manager of a self accounting unit or in an equivalent position/experience
- through an accelerated route based on the engagement in a range of CPD activities from HOSPA approved providers over 3 consecutive years
- to those who have completed two years as a member, providing the same work experience has been completed
- Immediate election for Fellow is considered by a special committee and is normally only awarded to those occupying senior Financial, IT or Revenue positions within the industry.
If you are interested in memberships for 5 or more of your team then you may wish to take out a Corporate Membership. For further details please download the 'Corporate Membership Information' PDF below or contact Wayne Gosden on 01202 889430 or email
Cancellation policy: All payments must be received prior to membership commencing. Membership fees are non refundable.